Thursday, October 25, 2012

Swoon Thursday #10 Unleashed

 
The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* * * * *
 
Last week, as you may have noticed, I added
 
Unleashed
 (Wolf Springs Chronicles)
by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
 
to my shelf.  Captivated by the cover and intrigued by the description, I moved it up my TBR list and devoured it in few nights. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and look forward to the next installment.
 
 

Katelyn McBride’s life changed in an instant when her mother died. Uprooted from her California home, Katelyn was shipped to the middle of nowhere, Arkansas, to her only living relative, her grandfather. And now she has to start over in Wolf Springs, a tiny village in the Ozark Mountains. Like any small town, Wolf Springs has secrets. But the secrets hidden here are more sinister than Katelyn could ever imagine. It’s a town with a history that reaches back centuries, spans continents, and conceals terrifying truths. And Katelyn McBride is about to change everything.

Broken families, ageless grudges, forced alliances, and love that blooms in the darkest night—welcome to Wolf Springs.


 
My Swoon
 
"Listen to me. I don't know what's wrong, but I'm here for you. Katelyn."
 
She believed him. Maybe because when she glanced up, he looked so sincere or maybe because she needed to badly. She didn't know. But she couldn't stop herself from reaching out and touching his cheek. Something flickered in his eyes and then she leaned forward and kissed him.
 
She pulled back immediately. I shouldn't have done that.
 
But then he was pulling her toward him, kissing her. And it felt good and right. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her body to his. It was what she wanted, and she needed him, needed this.
 
He pulled away, holding her at arm's length. His skin was flushed.
 
"You know how much I want you. But not like this. There's something wrong. And I know you're not telling me what it is. I care about you too much to let you do something you're going to regret later. When you're ready to trust me... when you're ready to let me help you... then I won't stop kissing you. Not ever."


Trick is such a sweetie!!
But don't take my word for it.
 
 
* * * * *
 

So what do you think?
If you liked my SWOON, please leave a comment

below.


 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. YES!! Trick is a sweetie!! I can't wait to see where it goes from there!! Hot Blooded will be interesting!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. *swoons*

    I really loved your swoon this week Marilyn! I don't usually read this genre, but I would really like to read this book!

    Here's my Swoon.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ny what a gentlemen! Fabulous swoon!
    Angela

    Readingcave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why have I not hear about this book before now?!?! Great swoon!

    Here's My Swoon!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWW that's such a swoon worthy thing to say. So sweet. Great pick!! Thank you for the comment!! 8)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVE that!!!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOooo kisses! I loved that swoon :)
    Great pick, and sigh, 'then I won't stop kissing you' my my :)

    Great Pick!
    And thanks for stopping by my swoon!

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the book, crazed girl

    ReplyDelete