Thursday, October 18, 2012

Swoon Thursday #9 Silence

 
 

The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* * * * *
 
 
Okay, so today my swoon comes from a book, that no doubt, many of you will be familiar with.  I chose it not only because it's one of my most favourite reads, but also because the final book in the series is due out in a few short days and I thought that now would be a good time to share a scene which I particularly enjoy.
 
 
Silence
by
Becca Fitzpatrick
 
 
Done stalling, I told myself at last. Leaning in, I closed my eyes.
 
His mouth opened under mine, his tightly reined control shuddering through his body. His arms wrapped around me, securing me against him. He kissed me harder, and the depth of my response unnerved me.
 
My legs felt wobbly and heavy. I sank into Jev, and he backed us slowly down the wall until I came to straddle his lap. Brightness lit up inside me, and the heat of it consumed every hollow corner. A hidden world opened between us, one that was as frightening as it was familiar. I knew it was real. I'd kissed like this before. I'd kissed Patch like this before. I couldn't remember calling him anything but Jev, but somehow Patch just felt... right. The hot deliciousness of being with him came roaring back, threatening to swallow me whole.
 
I pulled away first, trailing my tongue along my lower lip.
 
Patch made a low, questioning sound. "Not bad?"
 
I bent my head towards his. "Practice makes perfect."
 
 
The full scene can be found on p265 - 266 of the paperback version.
 
 


* * * * *
 
So what do you think?
If you liked my SWOON, please leave a comment below.


 
 
 



8 comments:

  1. Yep.. I love this series too!! That was seriously Hot!! 4 days huh? Wonder if us Aussies will get it then too.

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series yet, but after reading this swoon I think I should get to it.. and soon!
    Here's my Swoon.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy against the wall and straddling. I still have not got my copy yet. Great swoon.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Swoon! :)

    Here's My Swoon!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like this series! Good pick. Patch is nice, real nice.

    My My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Patch!!!! Nice pick!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh I love this series so much! Can't wait for the release of FINALE on Tuesday =) Awesome swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH I LOVE THIS SWOON! You just earned major points in my book lol. This is one of my all time favorites. I absolutely adore Patch Cipriano! I cannot wait to read Finale and OH MY GOSH. I just realized it is almost released!!!!! Awesome swoon and thanks for stopping by mine!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete