Friday, April 26, 2013

Feature & Follow # 35

 
Alison Can Read Feature & Follow


Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community. If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers. But you have to know, the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.


* ~ * ~ * ~ *

Here’s this week’s question:

Is there a song that reminds you of a book? Or vice versa? What is the song & the book?

At first I couldn't think of an answer to this question. But then, after some consideration, I recalled a song I have listened to at least a hundred times.

A Thousand Years
sung by
Christina Perri

and the book it reminds me of

Breaking Dawn
(Book 4 in the Twilight Saga)

*

And while we are on the question of songs and books,
I'd would like to mention that as I draw to the end of writing my first draft of Mystery Rises
(Book 2 in the Mystery Falls Trilogy)
one song I have grown attached to and has featured on the top of my playlist for this book is

Echo
sung by
Jason Walker




* ~ * ~ * ~ *



So what's your FF?

To play along visit Parajunkee & Alison Can Read
 
Follow them, follow their Featured Blogs and then visit as many blogs as you can, posting your answers.

And don't forget to leave your link in the comments section below!



15 comments:

  1. Hey, I haven't listened to that song before I'm going to have to do that now. :) I'm a new GFC follower. My blog is http://whitsbookworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap so we chose the same song....not sure what to think of that haha. Happy Friday from Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. A Thousand Years is a song that grew on me. I don't love Christina Perri, but I liked that song the more I heard it. I hate the Bruno Mars song on the soundtrack.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. OO I picked Christina Perri Too!
    Following
    My FF @ http://www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com
    Danielle @ Coffee and Characters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not familiar with those songs. Good picks though!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice answers Marilyn, they are both great songs!! Bring on Mystery Rises!!!

    Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love A Thousand Years! But not so much Breaking Dawn. BUT, I can see where you are coming from!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! New Linky follower :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love A Thousand Years. It's so beautiful and wonderfully sung.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF! I followed you back via GFC.

    ~Andrea @ Beauty but a Funny Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Echo is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it and stopping by this week. Old follower :)
    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that song. I'm a little sad they never put it in the movie, even though its in the soundtrack :(
    old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/friday-56-29-feature-friday-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Christina Perri. good answer.

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/feature-follow-45.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that song (thousand years) and yes when I think of the song, I do kind of things of the video, which leads me to think of the movie, which makes me think of the book. Sadly the book is really far down on that list. Thanks for visiting my FFF. new follower.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that song! It also reminds me of Breaking Dawn. :D

    Here's My FF


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Love that song! Pity I don't connect songs to books. I prefer to read in silence, because if I listen to music while reading, I'll start singing along. :)

    New follower via GFC.

    Thanks,
    Sandra

    SSBF Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww A Thousand Years was such a sweet song! It definitely fit together with Breaking Dawn.

    Thanks for stopping by! Old Follower.
    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete