Saturday, August 3, 2013

Book Boyfriend of the Week #1 - Shadow from Mystery Falls

My Book Boyfriend of the Week

 
 
This is a meme created by Reading and Things for bloggers to talk about there book boyfriends and tease the readers with things they've said.
 
 
Want to participate?
 
 
Then all you have to do is:
 
 
1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.
 
2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that.
 
3) Pick a quote from his book, long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is.
 
4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises).
 
5) Share it! And shout it out using the #Reading and Things.
 
 
 
Book Boyfriend of the Week:
 
My very first book boyfriend comes from Mystery Falls by yours truly (Marilyn Phillips).
 
I felt I had to put Shadow first on the list since I was the one who created him.
What kind of a book boyfriend is he? He's gorgeous (picture Ian Somerhalder and you won't be too far off the mark), sexy, arrogant, egotistical, annoying, conceited and crazy in love with Samantha. There isn't anything he wouldn't do to keep her safe and away from the dangers which threaten her life.



Book Description:


Secrets. Lies. Deception. For the past six years, Samantha Hunt has lived with the belief that the untimely death of her parents was the result of an unfortunate accident—that by the cruel hand of fate, she had been left an orphan. But it was a lie, a terrible lie told to her by those who wanted to keep her in the dark. And the truth... when revealed, will change her life and haunt her forever.

Suddenly plagued by a series of events which find her in danger and in need of a savior, Samantha is repeatedly rescued by the mysterious and elusive Shadow—a stranger who seems to know more about her past and the tragedy which befell her family, than she does. Drawn to him despite the antagonism she feels whenever in his presence, Samantha soon discovers that Shadow is not what he appears to be. Determined to learn his true identity and why he has come to Mystery Falls, the small town in which she has spent all of her seventeen years, Samantha not only uncovers the secrets he refuses to share, but also the truth about her own past. A truth which forces her to acknowledge that things are not always as they seem, and sometimes, not even those close to you can be trusted.

Resolved to seeking justice for the unwarranted death of her parents, Samantha embarks on a journey which brings her perilously close to her own demise. Can Shadow use his angel powers to save her yet again, or this time, will he be too late.






Quotes:

(Samantha talking to Shadow)



 
"You're arrogant, egotistical, annoying, conceited and self centered..." unbelievably gorgeous, incredibly sexy and right now, I wish you would stop talking and just kiss me.

The last part Samantha added in my head.

(And in a later scene)

Smiling down at me with complete adoration, he whispered, "I love you. And Because I love you, I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe."

Okay! Now it's your turn. Who's your current book crush for this week? Please leave a link below.


 




6 comments:

  1. Great tease! I haven't met Shadow yet, and I'm thinking I should soon.

    Here's My Book Boyfriend!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Shadow, as I love your book, I need more of him. We going to see more of him soon? I hope so, lol

    Here is my pick this week
    My Book Boyfriend of the Week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already like Shadow! A lot!! Need to meet him soon!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Shadow too..... *swoon*

    Thanx for visiting my Book Boyfriend!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ian Somerhalder ... now that's a good mental image! :-)

    Check out My Book Boyfriend

    Enjoy, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay so he can be sweet but he can be a jerk too. I usually like that kind. :D

    My Book Boyfriend

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete