Thursday, August 15, 2013

Swoon Thursday # 52 - Clash by Nicole Williams




The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.
 
Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.
 
Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:
 
Clash
(Book 2 - Crash)
by
Nicole Williams

 
First - The Blurb:


Their Romeo-and-Juliet-level passion is the only thing Jude and Lucy agree on. That, and fighting all the time...

Also not helping? Lucy's raging jealousy of the cheerleader who's wormed her way into Jude's life.

While trying to hang on to her quintessential bad boy and also training to be the top ballet dancer in her class, Lucy knows something's going to give . . . soon.

How can she live without the boy she loves? How can she live with herself if she gives up on her dreams? If Lucy doesn't make the right choice, she could lose everything.







Second - My Swoon:

With one flick of his fingers, my bra snapped open, sliding down my arm until it landed on the floor beside Jude's feet. His mouth covered mine again, hot and unyielding. I couldn't breathe. I didn't want to if it meant not being able to kiss Jude like he was kissing me right now. How he could make me feel his passion, his love, and his possession in one kiss was inexplicable. But he could. Jude's body expressed his feelings better than his words did.


Third - My Thoughts:

This book is a direct follow on from Crash. Jude and Lucy have now moved on to college - only, they are now five hours drive apart. Fortunately, their schedules are such that they have 3 day weekends which they spend pretty much together.

On the down side, with Jude now a major QB player he is assigned a 'Spirit Sister' from the cheer leading squad - Adriane. (Ooh, I so do not like this chick). Setting her sights on Jude she does everything she can to try and lure him away from Luce.

Battling some trust issues, Luce lets herself get caught up in  Adriane's antics and has a major fall out with Jude. Do they get past it? Sorry, no spoilers here.

Again, this book is well written, moves at a fast pace and keeps you reading right to the end (2 am on this puppy). Now I just need to get a hold of Book #3 - Crush to find out if Jude and Lucy get their happy ever after.

My Rating: 5 out of 5



* ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
 
Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Ooo that was a delicious kiss! Jude sounds really sweet. I've wanted to start this series, but I might wait till the third book comes out, cause I can't stand having to wait for couples to get the HEA :)

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Sigh* I want to get this series so bad!! I didn't read your review, cos I don't want to get any spoilers this time.... being second book and all! Going from the swoon alone, I should get it ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *eeep* I love this book, even though it ripped my heart to shreds! This one killed me, but I loved every second of it. So glad you are liking this series!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Nicole Williams' books! I have heard so many things about ALL THE FEELS in this book :D I love the swoon you chose!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this series! Jude is so sexy! Are you reading Crush next? Your Swoon reminded me how much I loved this book :) Thanks for sharing! Here's mine:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/08/swoon-thursday-31.html#comment-form

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read the first book but not this one - I know total blogger fail. BUT I'm am gonna get to it.

    I LOVED this line "Jude's body expressed his feelings better than his words did."

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete