Thursday, August 29, 2013

Swoon Thursday # 54 - Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer


The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOONWhat got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:


Spirit
(Elementals # 3)

by
Brigid Kemmerer

First - The Blurb:

With power comes enemies. Lots of them.

Hunter Garrity just wants to be left alone. He’s learned the hard way that his unusual abilities come at a price. And he can’t seem to afford any allies.

He’s up to his neck in hostiles. His grandfather, spoiling for a fight. The Merrick brothers, who think he ratted them out. Calla, the scheming psycho who wants to use him as bait.

Then there’s Kate Sullivan, the new girl at school. She’s not hostile. She’s bold. Funny. Hot. But she’s got an agenda, too.

With supposedly secret powers rippling to the surface everywhere around him, Hunter knows something ugly is about to go down. But finding out what means he’ll have to find someone he can trust…






Second - My Swoon:

Hunter tasted like cinnamon and smelled like the woods, pine and bark and something very male. His mouth was so sure, and when his tongue brushed hers, a sound escaped her lips. He did it again, letting his thumbs trace over her breasts so lightly that she found herself arching into him. Suddenly she wished they were somewhere else, somewhere private, with curtains and less clothing and....


Please don't blame me. I didn't cut it off there. The author did.


Third - My Thoughts:

Spirit is the third book in the Elementals series by Brigid Kemmerer. It digresses from the Merrick brothers and focuses on Hunter - a Fifth. (A Fifth is someone who has control of all four elements and is usually trained to be a Guide).

Experiencing a very rough patch in life, Hunter suddenly finds himself without family or friends - or so he thinks. Not sure who to trust, he eventually decides to trust no one, and in doing so, complicates his life even further.

Enter Kate. Also a Fifth training to be a Guide, she latches onto Hunter. At first he doesn't know what to make of her. However, as their friendship grows and her secrets are revealed, he finally learns to trust her. Unfortunately, not everything turns out well.

Although the story was entertaining and well written, I didn't find it quite as enjoyable as Spark. (Go Gabriel). But it was still good.

My Rating: 4 out of 5

* ~ * ~ * ~ *



Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!





12 comments:

  1. Haha!! Great swoon... too bad it was cut off!! I think I would really like this series!! Nice review!

    Thanx for visiting My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started this series yet but so many people seem to like it, so clearly that will need to change soon! Great pick Marilyn!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this series and Gabe and Hunter. Oh his story broke my heart.

    Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this series around, but it sounds interesting! Definitely liked that swoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mean author! Leaving us hanging like that.
    Love your swoon, great pick!

    Check out My Swoon Thursday

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously need to catch up on this series. I really loved Storm. Awesome swoon!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUNTER! I didn't like him in the first two books, but he's redeemed himself. I love this swoon! I cannot wait for Secret :D

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Swoon Marilyn! I can't believe the author cut us off right there! Torture! Here's my Swoon:

    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/08/swoon-thursday-33.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of the series, but that swoon was great - except of course that's it's cut short hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sill didn't get to read this book but I should do that soon. Not sure about Hunter though, I didn't like him much in the other books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wasn't a Hunter fan when I started this book but he grew on me. The ending was wrong - I mean really did that just happen?? You're right - Spark was better.

    ReplyDelete