Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #73 ~ Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

Apollyon

(Covenant #4)

by
Jennifer L. Armentrout


First - The Blurb:

Fate isn't something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.


Second - The Swoon:

He was done talking.

Aiden came off the wall so fast the water reacted in a frenzy of bubbling. He - we - were in a frenzy. His arms crushed me to him, his mouth demanding, saying those three little words over and over again without speaking them. Aiden  lifted me up, one hand burying deep in my hair, the other pressing into my lower back, fitting us together. He turned and my back was against the edge and he was everywhere all at once, stealing my breath, my heart, my soul. There was no coming up for air, no control or limits. There was no tottering on the edge. We both fell headfirst. In his arms, in the way the water bubbled and moved with our bodies, I may've lost track of time, but I gained a little part of me. I gained a part of him that I would hold close for the rest of my days, no matter how long or short that turned out to be.


I think it would be safe to say, that at this stage of the series, I'm definitely team Aiden.
Yeah, I did kind of like Seth at the beginning, but not so much now.



* ~ * ~ * ~ *

Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!


9 comments:

  1. I am loving these teasers while I am reading the series, even if I am quite a bit behind! Gosh what did Seth do.. Sigh for now I am still #TeamSeth *tee hee*

    Great post Marilyn :)

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Very nice tease! I loved this series!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *fans self* Wow! That's quite a swoon-inducing teaser, Marilyn! I WILL read this series this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AIDEN! Gosh i adore that boy! Awesome choice for a tease! You are making me want to re-read this amazing series!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome teaser Marilyn! I want to read this series so badly! I've read the Lux series and have loved it, and know that I would love this one too! Aiden sounds like he could make me swoon! Thanks for sharing!!!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally Team Aiden all the way. I never liked Seth!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't read the series. I wonder what team I'll be.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe!! Go team Aiden! lol I MUST start this series! Nice tease girl!

    Thanx for visiting my TT

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  9. So love this book!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete