Sunday, February 2, 2014

Book Boyfriend of the Week #23 ~ Kaidan from Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins



This is a meme created by Reading and Things for bloggers to talk about there book boyfriends and tease the readers with things they've said.


Want to participate?


Then all you have to do is:


1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.
2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that.
3) Pick a quote from his book, long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is.
4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises).
5) Share it! And shout it out using the #Reading and Things.

This week I would like you to meet:


Kaidan Rowe

Kaidan is the son of Lust.
Hot, dynamic, it's his role to take the innocence of females.
But there is a soft sweet sensitive side to him too.
A side that cares and wants to live a normal life.




Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things. 

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?


Here are a few of my favorite quotes to tease you:



“Anna... the night of the summit, when you were saved, it was the only time in my life I've thanked God for anything" (Kaidan)

Those words. They would melt me over and over for all time. (Anna)

* * * 

“I was more myself with you during those three days than I've ever been with anyone in my life. It’d be easier if I could be fake with you, but you bring out everything in me, little Ann. All of it.” (Kaidan) 

* * * 

“I’m tired of living like I’m not alive.” He dropped his hands from my face to grip my shoulders. “I’m bloody sick to death of it. I want one night to be alive. With you.” He closed his eyes and leaned his forehead on mine. “Please, Anna. One last night and we’ll go back to being safe again. I need this. I need you.” (Kaidan)



Okay!
Now it's your turn. Who's your current book crush for this week? Please leave a link below.


4 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    Does Kaidan automatically have an effect on girls or can he turn it on and off at will? I can imagine that this could become an issue later in their relationship, if it makes Anna wonder about her own feelings for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! My best friend just read Sweet Evil and she loved Kaidan! Since I'm the one who told her to get the book, I clearly need to start this series so I can meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah!! I can't wait to read this, Marilyn! Thanks for sharing those quotes. *swoon* I love Kaidan! :)

    ReplyDelete