Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Teaser Tuesday # 83 ~ Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

Between the Lives


by
Jessica Shirvington


First - The Blurb:

Above all else, though I try not to think about it, I know which life I prefer. And every night when I Cinderella myself from one life to the next a very small, but definite, piece of me dies. The hardest part is that nothing about my situation has ever changed. There is no loophole.

Until now, that is... 

For as long as she can remember, Sabine has lived two lives. Every 24 hours she Shifts to her ′other′ life - a life where she is exactly the same, but absolutely everything else is different: different family, different friends, different social expectations. In one life she has a sister, in the other she does not. In one life she′s a straight-A student with the perfect boyfriend, in the other she′s considered a reckless delinquent. Nothing about her situation has ever changed, until the day when she discovers a glitch: the arm she breaks in one life is perfectly fine in the other.

With this new knowledge, Sabine begins a series of increasingly risky experiments which bring her dangerously close to the life she′s always wanted... But just what - and who - is she really risking?

Second - The Tease(rs):

Tease 1

Right then, an arm slipped around my waist from behind. Warm tender hands splayed territorially across my belly and Ethan pulled me back against his chest, planting a solitary, knee-weakening kiss on my neck before resting his chin on my shoulder to look right at Davis's stunned face. Heat poured through my body, every nerve ending suddenly alive.
When Ethan spoke, he made sure it was loud enough for Davis to hear. "I told you everyone would find out eventually, Sabine."

Tease 2

"Don't do it tonight... Don't. Come back to me, Sabine. God forgive me, but... I love you." His hand slipped all the way around my neck and he pulled me to him, his lips going to mine hungrily as he gripped me so tight I could feel his arms trembling. He kissed me in a way I'd never imagined possible. I kissed him in a way I'd never thought possible.


My thoughts on Between the Lives can be found HERE.



* ~ * ~ * ~ *



Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Tease, please leave a comment below!




7 comments:

  1. Ooh...he sounds bad in the first teaser. Btw, I like the name Sabine. It's so pretty.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Love that first tease too!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one intense kiss. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! I am DEFINITELY going to be picking up this one, Marilyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, those are some nice teasers ;) I haven't read any of her books yet, but this one sounds interesting! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are some great teasers... the last one is sweet!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. I think I am going to like this book when I can finally read it. You always have the best teasers.

    ReplyDelete