Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Teaser Tuesday # 85 ~ Allegiant by Veronica Roth


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

Allegiant

(Divergent #3)

by
Veronica Roth


First - The Blurb:

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories. 

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.







 Second - The Teasers:

Tease 1

“You're not very nice," I say, grinning.
"You're one to talk."
"Hey, I could be nice if I tried."
"Hmm." He taps his chin. "Say something nice, then."
"You're very good-looking."
He smiles, his teeth a flash in this dark. "I like this 'nice' thing.” 

Tease 2

Then his lips are on mine again, and he pulls his shirt out from under my hands so that I am touching his bare skin. I come to life, pressing closer, my hands creeping up his back, sliding over his shoulders. His breaths come faster and so do mine, and I taste the lemon-syrup-fizz we just drank and I smell the wind on his skin and all I want is more, more.


I know many of you are way a head of me on reading this series, so you all know how it ends. For those of you though who haven't read it, well, I don't want to give away any spoilers so I'll just give you my ratings instead.

Divergent: 5 out of 5
Insurgent: 4 out of 5
Allegiant: 4 out of 5


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Tease, please leave a comment below!

10 comments:

  1. Interesting teasers. I was debating for a while whether or not I should start reading this series, but now it doesn't sound as appealing to me anymore. We'll see if I ever decide to pick it up.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers! Despite how many people feel, I did enjoy this one!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm way behind, I still have to pick up book one *sigh*, but I'm happy to know you enjoyed the series and I really like both of your teasers!!

    Thanks for stopping by, Marilyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teaser choices! That first one is one of my favorite moments in Allegiant.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome teasers. I loved the whole series. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2014/04/15/teaser-tuesday-april-15/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe! Love the teasers!! I must get to this series!!

    Holidays are doing well... busy, but they've been good! hope yours are going well too!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I'm behind on this one. I've only read Divergent. Not for lack of desire though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teasers, Marilyn! I haven't started this series yet - so who's behind?!? ;) But I'm going to read it...because I want to see the movie. *ha*

    ReplyDelete
  9. The DIVERGENT series WAS my favorite series, I think I can even say EVER! But after reading ALLEGIANT, I had a VERY different opinion about the series. Well, not the series because I still love the first and second book, but ALLEGIANT, nope, I hated it for MANY reasons, not just the ending! But I really hope you form a different opinion then I do, because VR is an amazing writer despite ALLEGIANT, in my opinion!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy I seriously need to read this book. How come you didn't like this book as much? Love the teasers. Makes me want to read it more!

    ReplyDelete