Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #88 ~ Emblaze by Jessica Shirvington



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

Emblaze

(The Violet Eden Chapters #3)

by
Jessica Shirvington


First - The Blurb:




Once again Violet Eden faces an impossible choice ... and the consequences are unimaginable. 

Violet has come to terms with the fact that being part angel, part human, means her life will never be as it was.

Now Violet has something Phoenix - the exiled angel who betrayed her - will do anything for, and she has no intention of letting it fall into his hands. The only problem is that he has something she needs too. 

Not afraid to raise the stakes, Phoenix seemingly holds all the power, always one step ahead. And when he puts the final pieces of the prophecy together, it doesn't take him long to realize exactly who he needs in order to open the gates of Hell.

With the help of surprising new allies, ancient prophecies are deciphered, a destination set and, after a shattering confrontation with her father, Violet leaves for the islands of Greece without knowing if she will have a home to return to...



Second - The Tease:

"You smell of winter dew at the first crack of dawn and when you use your power it feels like being submerged in the most intoxicating vanilla cream that I lose myself in it every time and... And you were beautiful," he blurted out, catching us both by surprise. But he went on, ignoring the fact my hand was still slipping. "So stunning in that dress the other night I could hardly look at you it hurt so much. You are the thing I dread the most in myself, Violet, because... I love you so much that I can't trust myself. I'd die for you, give up all my power for you, I'd give you my soul in an instant, even if it meant I had to spend eternity in torment - just for one moment with you as mine. Wanting you consumes me. I dread you because I know the risk but I'm so selfish I want you anyway. I'd take you even though it could kill you."


I know this may not really be classified as a tease but it is easily my most favorite scene in this book so I just had to share it with you. I probably should point out that Violet is hanging over the edge of a volcano while Lincoln finally confesses his true feelings for her.



* ~ * ~ * ~ *

Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Tease, please leave a comment below!



11 comments:

  1. Lincoln!!! Oh swoon! I love Lincoln and that was such a beautiful moment! Great teaser choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a scene, Marilyn! And knowing where she was at the moment of this wonderful confession, it makes it even greater!

    Thanks for sharing, I didn't know this book and I'll check it out.
    Here's my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice tease! Really need to read this series!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this. Sounds very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Lincoln! I adore him! You and this tease have just convinced me to squeeze this book in as soon as possible! Love it!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, that's pretty intense, Marilyn!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWW! I really need to get back into this series! Loved that tease!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This tease makes me want to re-read this series. Great tease!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tease, Marilyn. I'm glad you shared it because I love beautiful words and that tease really painted the agony of yearning. I really need to start this series! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow.... that is so sweet! I love it when they finally put themselves out there!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  11. The comic's original four-part storyline http://www.cityofwestwego.com/home.asp, initially written by Bill Mantlo of MICRONAUTS fame and then taken up by Jim Salicrup, immediately diverged from the television chanel outlet series in such a way that only the most tenuous links could be established between the two continuities. In both versions, the Autobots and Decepticons are rival factions fighting for leadership of the planet Cybertron, a world where machine life chanel outlet dominates instead of animal life. The Autobots left the planet, their ship was boarded by Decepticons, and they crash-landed on Earth four million years ago. They remained dormant until 1984, when a volcanic eruption revived their drones. Even the reasons given for the Autobots leaving Cybertron differ from the comic to the television series - in the former, an asteroid field threatens the planet, and the louis vuitton outlet Autobots are attacked by the Decepticons when they try to intervene; in the latter, the Autobots leave to find new sources of energy and are attacked by the Decepticons in an asteroid field. But that's only the beginning of the many variations between the two series. JOE. But while TRANSFORMERS didn't avoid interaction with the Marvel Universe entirely, it didn't require nearly the amount of interaction that series like MICRONAUTS did. The series' internal continuity was active enough as it was, changing in order to mirror the ever-expanding Hasbro toy line. Every time the toy line introduced a new gimmick, whether it be Headmasters (behave) or what have you, the comic included it, even if the television series did not. Is this the end of the Transformers? Yeah, right.

    ReplyDelete