Thursday, June 26, 2014

Swoon Thursday #96 ~ The Redemption of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen


The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOONWhat got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden 
(The Coincidence #2)

by
Jessica Sorensen



First - The Blurb:




The dark secret Kayden has kept hidden for years is out. Worse, he's facing charges for battery. The only way he stands a chance against the charges is if Callie speaks up, something he'll never ask her to do.

Callie knows Kayden is going back to his dark place and desperately wants to save him. But saving him means admitting her secrets aloud. Callie and Kayden are stronger than they think, especially when they're together. Together they move forward, face their demons, and finally start to heal from their traumatic pasts.









Second - The Swoon(s):

A kiss from Callie's POV:

His warm breath feathers against my cheeks and his breathing quickens as his gaze flicks to my lips. "Callie, I..." He drifts toward me and then his mouth crushes urgently against mine. I instantly part my lips and allow his tongue to slip inside as I release a pent-up breath. I've missed this - him - more than I let myself admit. I need him. So much.


And another from Kayden's POV:

When our mouths unite, I can finally breathe again. It's like I've been drowning for the last month, only coming up for air when my lungs are about to burst. But her kiss has brought me to the surface.

"Kayden," she murmurs as she grips handfuls of my shirt. "Oh my God."

I slip my tongue inside her mouth and she opens her lips to let me in deeply. I devour her, realizing how starved I've felt over the past month.


The Redemption of Callie and Kayden is a direct follow on from The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden. And just like book 1, it is a intense and highly emotional read. Definitely not one for the faint hearted.



* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!


6 comments:

  1. Awww.. nice teasers! I loved this book and it makes me melt all over again!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so sweet and steamy at the same time! I have not read any books by Sorensen. Great swoon choice!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorensen always knows how to bring the swoon! I haven't read this series yet, but maybe someday I'll get the chance to! Great swoons Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Sexy Swoons Marilyn. I especially love how Kayden describes is kiss as devouring her because he is a man that's starved!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been meaning to start this series FOREVER! One of these days! Loved the swoons!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete