Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #100 ~ One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

One Week Girlfriend
(One Week Girlfriend #1)

by
Monica Murphy 


First - The Blurb:


**Mature situations and sexual content recommended for ages 17+**

Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…

Me.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.

Forever.

Second - The Tease:


Don't be a pussy, man. Kiss her, asshole. KISS HER!


Did Drew follow the little voice in his head? 
Read on to find the answer.


Leaning over the center console, I reach out and drift my fingers across Fable's cheek. Her skin is so soft and she closes her eyes, her lips parting. Her tongue sneaks out and she licks her upper lip. Just like that, I'm sporting a hard-on, and without thought I settle my mouth on hers. Once. Softly, as light as a butterfly's wings, my lips lingering for a few stolen seconds before I break the connection.


Well, looks like another book couple just made it to my favorites list. Drew and Fable's story is far from simple. Deeply intense and loaded with emotion, I had a hard time putting this one down. Definitely worth a read.

My Rating: 5 out of 5


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Tease, please leave a comment below!




10 comments:

  1. Oooh! Yum! I love the first teaser! Though I do admit that I don't like the sound of the title of this book. The blurb sounds great though.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both teasers, Marilyn!! And a 5* read, huh? I'll have to check it out for sure, then! ;)

    Thanks for sharing and here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser! I haven't heard of this book yet. Gonna have to check it out.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book too. One Week Girlfriend is one of my absolute favorite books eva!!!! Great teaser!! Drew is such a dream boat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I so love Drew & Fable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! I really enjoyed this book! And you picked a wonderful teaser :) I really need to read the rest of the series!

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to read this series for ages! Nice tease girl!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oohh, great tease, Marilyn. I'm glad Drew stopped being a...well, you know. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. It's near the top of my tbr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to read this book! I just know I am going to love it and I simply cannot wait. Love the teases!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete