Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #104 ~ Winter (Four Seasons #1) by Nikita Rae



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

Winter
(Four Seasons #1)

by
Nikita Rae


First - The Blurb:



A girl with a dark history…

Avery Bresllin took a leap of faith when she changed her name. As Avery Patterson, she is no longer the daughter of a serial killer. No longer the girl who was bullied and abused through high school. A fresh name and a fresh start at Columbia University means Avery can leave all that behind. There’s only one thing marring her dream of a clean slate…. 

A boy with a past of his own…

Luke Reid has a lot going for him: sex appeal, badass tattoos and insane musical talent. Despite his guitar skills, his calling in life has always been to serve and protect. A NYPD cop by day, singer in rock band D.M.F by night, from the outside Luke seems like he’s got it made. But falling for a girl whose father was accused of deeply sinister acts—a man whom Luke shared a devastating history with, himself—only serves to complicated things. 

Pieces of a puzzle….

Four symbols, four methods of destruction. 

A trade. 

Borrowed wings. 

Dark secrets that threaten to destroy



Second - The Tease:

The moment he gives in is like a wall crumbling between us. A fierce intensity changes the way he looks at me. Concern and uncertainty transform into hunger. He growls and sits up to crush his mouth to mine. My head spins as he wrestles with the bottom of my shirt; he rips it clean off and presses his powerful hands into my back so that I fall forward against him. His fingers work quickly at the clasp of my bra and I claw the straps over my shoulders in my hurry to get it off.

"This is such a bad f***ing idea," he says, his voice hoarse. "I don't want you to hate me."

"I'm not going to hate you, Luke. I need you. I need you right now."


Luke is an amazing guy. He's sensitive, caring and he adores Avery with a passion.


"The first thing you should know is that I'm in love with you, Avery. You know I am."



I can sum this up pretty quick. This is an amazing read. Definitely one to add to your TBR pile if you're into New Adult Contemporary.

'Sad face' - Book 2 - Summer - isn't due for release until November 2014.

My Rating: 5 out of 5


Pick it up! It's Free on Amazon


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Tease, please leave a comment below!



9 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read- and since it is free right now, I did pick it up.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice tease! Totally new to me!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only you got me intrigued with your teasers, you also made me just one-click it! Thanks Marilyn, I'm really curious about this read :)

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I just loved that!! And that cover is sexy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This sounds Amazing! I will have to wait until the next book comes out I think! *wink*

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's on my tbr and I one-clicked it, Marilyn. (actually, I already had - perhaps it was on your StS post previously?) It really does sound incredible. I hope I can get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty cover and it sounds so good! Awesome teasers!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about the long release date. Love the hot teaser!! Sorry for late commenting. Definitely need this book soon!

    ReplyDelete