Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #105 ~ Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

Beautiful Oblivion
(Beautiful #3)

by
Jamie McGuire


First - The Blurb:


The Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster phenomenon continues in the first heart-pounding new adult romance in The Maddox Brothers series.

Fiercely independent Camille "Cami" Camlin gladly moved on from her childhood before it was over. She has held down a job since before she could drive, and moved into her own apartment after her freshman year of college. Now tending bar at The Red Door, Cami doesn’t have time for much else besides work and classes, until a trip to see her boyfriend is cancelled, leaving her with a first weekend off in almost a year.

Trenton Maddox was the king of Eastern State University, dating co-eds before he even graduated high school. His friends wanted to be him, and women wanted to tame him, but after a tragic accident turned his world upside down, Trenton leaves campus to come to grips with the crushing guilt. 

Eighteen months later, Trenton is living at home with his widower father, and works full-time at a local tattoo parlor to help with the bills. Just when he thinks his life is returning to normal, he notices Cami sitting alone at a table at The Red. 

As the baby sister of four rowdy brothers, Cami believes she’ll have no problem keeping her new friendship with Trenton Maddox strictly platonic. But when a Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever—even if she is the only reason their already broken family could fall apart.

In the first installment of the Maddox Brothers books, readers can experience the rush of reading Beautiful Disaster for the first time, all over again.


Second - The Tease:

"I'm just trying to keep things simple."

Trenton took a step toward me. "This isn't simple. Not even close."

"It is simple. Black and white. Cut and dry."

Trenton grabbed me by the shoulders and planted a kiss on my mouth. Sheer shock made my lips hard and unforgiving, but then they melted against his, along with the rest of my body. I relaxed, but my breathing picked up, and my heart beat so loud I was sure Trenton could hear it. His tongue slipped between my lips, and his hands slid down my arms to my hips, his fingers digging into the skin. He pulled my hips against his as he kissed me, and then sucked my bottom lip when he pulled away.

"Now it's complicated." He grabbed his keys and shut the door behind him.


If you are familiar with Beautiful Disaster, then you will know that Trent (Trenton) is one of the five Maddox brothers.

Is he as hot as Travis? You bet you. 
Is he as extreme in his behavior as Travis? Close, but not quite.
When he falls in love, is it completely? He's a Maddox, they only seem to give their hearts once... so that would be a Yes!
Did I enjoy reading Trent and Cami's story? Without a doubt.
Am I looking forward to the next book in this series? Oh, yeah.

Beautiful Oblivion is a great read and most definitely worth your consideration.

My Rating: 5 out of 5


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Tease, please leave a comment below!






8 comments:

  1. Trent!!! I love him!!! Even more than Travis.. this was a great read and awesome choice for a tease!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'd say it's complicated. Great tease and now I must check out this series.
    Here is my tease from Curses and Smoke - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/08/26/teaser-tuesdays-77-curses-and-smoke-a-novel-of-pompeii/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved that teaser! I definitely enjoyed that one! And Trent is amazing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Great teaser! I have BO but haven't been able to get to it as yet... Soon!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great tease, Marilyn. And I love the format of that review, too! :) I've only read Beautiful Disaster but I'm really excited to continue in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you enjoyed this one! I have it but have yet to start. I swear I feel like I never get any reading done lol. Great teaser and I am so glad Trent's book is just an fantastic as Travis'!!! So excited!

    ReplyDelete