Tuesday, October 14, 2014

TBR Tuesday #67 ~ Of Silver and Beasts (Goddess Wars #1) by Trisha Wolfe





My good friend Sharrice from Reese's Reviews: My Addiction to Fiction came up with the idea of 'TBR Tuesday'

If you want to join in the fun, then just do the following:
From your book shelf or your e-reader, pick a book that you own that is still on your TBR list. Post it however you want to, then leave a link below so others can see what's waiting to be read.


This week for me its:



Of Silver and Beasts
(Goddess Wars #1)

by
Trisha Wolfe



In the sand-covered queendom of Cavan, the goddess once saved a young Kaliope’s life, preventing the mercury her father attempted to hide in her blood from reaching her heart. Now, a cybernetic clamp filters it, but the silver streaks swirling faintly beneath her skin are a constant reminder that she’s different.

When nineteen-year-old Kaliope is chosen as head of the Nactue Guard, she becomes the sworn protector to her empress. In the midst of an invasion on a neighboring land, Kaliope is placed in charge of guarding Prince Caben, the last heir to his kingdom. But when they’re attacked by the feared Otherworlders, Caben and Kaliope are abducted and taken below to a realm where they must fight for their life in a caged arena. 

Kaliope struggles to protect her princely charge, keeping him and herself alive while battling inhumanly opponents, and trying to save the stolen, sacred relic that will restore her empress’s life force and all of Cavan. And if she can somehow awaken the goddess within her, she may save what’s most important.

New Adult Dark Fantasy: Intended for readers 17 years of age and older.


I picked this one up quite a while back after reading a few great reviews. Why haven't I read it yet?



SO NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!

Leave a comment and tell me what's waiting on your TBR pile.

2 comments:

  1. Ah I have this one on my pile as well.....*sigh* Your reason is basically the same as mine for not having read this one yet. I honestly wanted to read this one really badly. Love the cover and I fell in love with people's teasers. Grr to no time.

    Thank you as always for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I'm in the same predicament as you and Sharrice. I picked this one up after reading great reviews. And I have NO idea why it's still waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete