Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #111 ~ Shadows (Lux 0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

Shadows
(Lux 0.5)

by
Jennifer L. Armentrout 


First - The Blurb:



The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.

Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in.

Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.


Second - The Tease:

"I want to kiss you." There was a pause and her heart soared, chest swelled. "Is that all right with you? he asked.

Was it? Oh, wow, yes it was. But she couldn't find the words. So she nodded. Before she could close her eyes, Dawson breached the minuscule space separating them and brought his mouth flush against hers.

He brushed his lips over hers, and she felt the velvety-soft touch all the way to the tips of her curled toes. Then his mouth moved over hers again, as if testing what she thought, waiting for her response. With her heart in her throat, she placed her hands on his shoulders and leaned in.


Well, I don't think I need to say too much about this one. Dawson is just as amazing as Daemon although probably not quite as cocky.

To see my thoughts on the final book of this amazing series...Opposition, please check back Thursday.


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Tease, please leave a comment below!




7 comments:

  1. Sigh... this was a sweet read! I really enjoyed reading about Dawson! Great teasers!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tease! Took me til reading the entire series until I read this one! Totally worth it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Shadows, but you're right about Dawson not being as cocky as Daemon. :) Great tease, Marilyn! This series is one of my all-time favs! Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series to bits!! :D And that tease makes me want to read the whole series over again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the Lux series! So sad it's over :(
    Haven't read this one though, but I see it's written in 3rd person POV? Not a big fan of that..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Dawson and Beth.... love them too! Great tease =]

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooved Dawson and Beth so freaking much. Their story has had so many trials! Glad you enjoyed the story and great teases! For a novella it was full of the hot and steamy!

    ReplyDelete