Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #4 ~ Summer by Nikita Rae




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine which spotlights highly anticipated upcoming releases.

This week I’m waiting on: 


Summer

by
Nikita Rae 


Expected publication: November 30th, 2014

Sadly, there is no cover available as yet.


Avery Patterson’s literally not the girl she used to be.

A past that haunted her for years turned out to be based on a lie. Her father was not an evil man. He loved Avery enough to die for her, and now she’s determined to live for him. She owes him that much, and so much more. Ever since she was fourteen, Avery’s been running and hiding from every challenge she’s faced with, but this time she’s determined not to run. She’s going to fight for the broken boy who not only helped to unveil the truth about her family’s past, but also showed her there was hope for the future.

The only problem is that winter is over. Spring is almost through, and Avery’s New York Cop has turned in his badge and taken up his guitar. It’s been three months without contact. Three months without a single word.

Where on earth is Lucas Reid?

It’s amazing how quickly your life can change. One minute you’re patrolling the streets in one of the world’s craziest cities, arresting felons, and the next you’re singing something you came up with in the shower to fifteen thousand people. It’s easy to forget what life was like before. Easy to blur out the events of a childhood that feels like it happened to someone else.
But it didn’t happen to someone else. It happened to him. Luke knows that in order to move forward with Avery, he needs to come clean. But how best to do that, when his demons are so dirty?

It’s easy to write a song. It’s easy to make a crowd chant your name. But finding the right words to tell a horrible truth?

Nothing’s ever been harder.


Summer is the second book in the Four Seasons series by Nikita Rae. I loved reading Winter - Avery and Lucas's story - and am looking forward to seeing what happens next.



A girl with a dark history…

Avery Bresllin took a leap of faith when she changed her name. As Avery Patterson, she is no longer the daughter of a serial killer. No longer the girl who was bullied and abused through high school. A fresh name and a fresh start at Columbia University means Avery can leave all that behind. There’s only one thing marring her dream of a clean slate…. 

A boy with a past of his own…

Luke Reid has a lot going for him: sex appeal, badass tattoos and insane musical talent. Despite his guitar skills, his calling in life has always been to serve and protect. A NYPD cop by day, singer in rock band D.M.F by night, from the outside Luke seems like he’s got it made. But falling for a girl whose father was accused of deeply sinister acts—a man whom Luke shared a devastating history with, himself—only serves to complicated things. 

Pieces of a puzzle….

Four symbols, four methods of destruction. 

A trade. 

Borrowed wings. 

Dark secrets that threaten to destroy.


What are you waiting for?
Please leave a comment below with your WoW link!
Thanks in advance for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Totally new to me! While not my kind of read I still hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is new to me. I hadn't heard of it before.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! I've never heard of these and they sound awesome! Thank you for sharing them :)

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this one but mmmm, I like those tattoos ;)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss that you were doing the WOW post each week? This one is new to me as well. But here is hoping that Lucas and Avery work things out.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely curious about this one! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy!

    Here's mine: “THOSE GIRLS”

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both Summer and Winter sound amazing, Marilyn. I'm adding this whole series to my TBR :)

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh this series, I need to read it! Sounds amazing.

    P.S. I love the feather cursor on your blog!
    Megan @ Books i View

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover for Winter so I'm betting the cover for Summer will be equally eye-catching. And they both sound incredible! I can't think of a book I'm currently waiting on...but I'm sure there are a few. ;) Hope you're having a great week, Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm... love this cover! Sounds great too! Fab pick.

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! I wonder what the cover will be :) Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't heard of this one. Hope you end up enjoying it!!! Can't wait to see what you think when it comes out!!

    Thank you for sharing! Another great WOW!

    ReplyDelete