Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #116 ~ The Probability of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence #4) by Jessica Sorensen



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:


The Probability of Violet & Luke
(The Coincidence #4)
by
Jessica Sorensen  



First - The Blurb:



Luke Price and Violet Hayes haven’t seen each other in a couple of months, not since they discovered Luke’s mother’s connection to Violet’s parent’s murders. But when Luke gets into some gambling trouble with the wrong people, destiny decides to throw the two of them together and they head out to Vegas to try and settle Luke’s debt.

As Violet spends time with Luke, she becomes torn on whether she should be with him. She definitely can’t deny that her life is better when she’s with Luke and she starts to wonder if going back to Preston was a mistake.

Things seem to be going well as Violet opens up more to Luke, but then she gets a call from the detective, not only to give an update on Mira Price and the case, but to give information about some threatening texts she’s been getting. The information is not only shocking, but makes Violet question what kind of people her parents really where and whether she’ll be able to trust anyone ever again.



Second - The Teaser:


A Tease from Violet's POV

Suppressed emotions, alcohol and a hunger I've never felt before possess me and suddenly I'm crashing my lips against his. He sucks in a gentle breath, slanting back slightly, as if to pull away, but then in a snap of a finger, he's grabbing me by the hips and yanking me against him as he seals his mouth to mine. The heat of him... the taste of him... it's so potent... so wrong... so right... so confusing.


Violet desperately wants to be be with Luke, but she is afraid to let down the defenses she has so carefully built around herself.



A Tease from Luke's POV

I get a revelation at that moment, one that I didn't see coming and I'm not sure if I'm ready to accept it. It crashes into me like a truck, slams the breath out of me, and makes my heart ache in a very unfamiliar way.
I care about Violet more than I care about myself.
Maybe even… Love her?

F***, am I in love? No, there’s no way. I don’t even know what love is.

Luke has never cared about anyone but himself. Suddenly discovering that he has deep and meaningful feelings for Violet, he is caught totally off guard.


Violet and Luke's story started in The Destiny of Violet and Luke (mini review here) and is due for it's completion in The Certainty of Violet and Luke.




* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Tease, please leave a comment below.


6 comments:

  1. This is a series I haven't started yet. I want to but my TBR pile is so long right now. Trying to bring it down to a more manageable level.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is new to me as well! Great teasers though!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to make some time for Sorenson, Marilyn. :) Thanks for the tease! I liked getting one from both POVs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe... yes you are in Love Luke! Great teasers. i need to catch up on this series!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it when a guy figures out his feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard great things about this series. Hope to get into these one day. Great teasers!!!!

    ReplyDelete