Thursday, December 18, 2014

Swoon Thursday #120 ~ One More Chance (Chance #2) by Abbi Glines



The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOONWhat got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:


 One More Chance
(Chance #2)
by
Abbi Glines 


First - The Blurb:



Grant Carter did everything in his power to convince Harlow Manning that he was a good guy. More than a smooth-talker and someone she could trust. He had to overcome his reputation as a playboy, and his history with Harlow's half-sister, Nan, a woman with a reputation of her own.

Harlow had taken the chance, falling hard and fast for the guy who thrilled her with his all-consuming desire. After a lifetime of avoiding bad boys like Grant, she had opened herself to the possibilities of love...

But a life-changing secret has torn them apart, and now Grant and Harlow must decide if they have enough fight to make it work - or if the pain of betrayal has permanently destroyed their future.

Second - The Swoon(s):


"Love shouldn't make our choices for us; it should just add importance to our choices." 

* * *

"You came into my life. You changed my world. You made me realize I’m capable of loving completely. You’re my one. You’re it. This is my epic love, and I can’t lose that."

* * *

"I can't lose you. It would destroy me. You might as well take me with you. I won't be able to live if you don't." I stopped and fought the terror that came with those thoughts. I shoved it away, because I refused to accept it. "I want you to be happy, but I want you alive. I'll give you anything. Just ask. But I can't sacrifice you. Your life isn't something I'm willing to gamble with."


There are so many sweet and swoon worthy moments in One More Chance that it was hard to choose. Hope you enjoyed Grant's heart felt words.

Abbi is one of my favorite authors. And once again, she didn't disappoint with One More Chance.

My Rating 5 out of 5


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?
If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!




3 comments:

  1. Aww, the sweet ones! I wish I guy would give me some of that sweetness, even if it was just sweet-talking he was doing. Love! Have a fabulous day, Marilyn :)

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! Now I need to get through the Sea Breeze series!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    Have a fantastic Christmas with the family Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete