Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Teaser Tuesday # 128 ~ Until We Fly (Beautifully Broken #4) by Courtney Cole





Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

Until We Fly
(Beautifully Broken #4)
by
Courtney Cole  


First - The Blurb:



Ex-Army Ranger, Brand Killien, has always been good. 

A good friend, a good soldier, a good everything. .
The problem is, good hasn’t gotten him anything but a crushed heart. 

So after licking his wounds, he decides to move on. And moving on doesn’t include being good anymore. 

Bad sounds so much better. 

Jaded and detached, Brand is determined to never open himself up to anyone again. It’s not worth the pain. Instead, he becomes closed, hardened, aloof. 

But then he’s called back home for a family emergency… a family that he is estranged from. A family that he put out of his mind a long time ago for very good reasons…reasons that involve secrets and pain. Reasons he tried hard to forget. 

But home is where the heart is, and it just might be where Brand finds his again. 

Why? Because home is where Nora Greene is. A fiery, red-headed spitfire, Nora is a thing from his past. A beautiful, feisty thing. When Brand left, she was away at boarding school. 

But she’s back now. 

And she wants Brand, scars and all.


Second - The Tease:

A bald eagle flies across his shoulder blades, a ferocious expression on its face, its sharp talons exposed and ready to attack. Bold black letters are scrolled above it.

'I stand on a wall to protect what is mine.'

Warmth rushes through me again, through all the hidden parts of me, at the idea of this fierce man protecting what is his. I can't help but wonder what that must feel like. To be his. To stand within those strong arms, to kiss those full firm lips. If I were his, I know he'd protect me until his dying breath. I could sleep every night without a fear, without doubt. He'd keep the monsters at bay.



This is the fourth book in the Beautifully Broken series. And although I enjoyed reading Brand and Nora's story and discovering how these two very broken characters manged to help heal each other, I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first two books in the series.

My Rating: 4 out of 5


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Tease, please leave a comment below.

5 comments:

  1. OOh nice tease! Totally new to me read! Hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this as much as the previous instalments, but it still sounds good and I will check the series out!
    Thanks, Marilyn :)

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hate when there is a book in a series that isn't as good as the previous one. Bums me out.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a shame you didn't enjoy this as much. I hoped Brand's story was going to be great!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great tease, Marilyn. I haven't read many military-themed books but this sounds good. Plus, Naomi has been coercing me to read Cole. *ha* I'm sorry this one didn't have quite the wow factor the previous books had. But I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway.

    ReplyDelete