Tuesday, September 1, 2015

TBR Tuesday # 112 ~ A Long Goodbye (Southern Comfort #1) by Kelly Mooney



My good friend Sharrice from Reese's Reviews: My Addiction to Fiction came up with the idea of 'TBR Tuesday'

If you want to join in the fun, then just do the following:
From your book shelf or your e-reader, pick a book that you own that is still on your TBR list. Post it however you want to, then leave a link below so others can see what's waiting to be read.


This week for me its:


A Long Goodbye
(Southern Comfort #1)
by
Kelly Mooney


Unable to pretend to be the perfect daughter, marry the perfect Southern gentleman, and have perfect babies like her overprotective father expects her to, Ashton Winslow and her best friend, LuLuBelle set out on a two-week vacation to change all that.

Two weeks of freedom is exactly what she craves and needs. Ashton is tired of being told she's perfect, and tired of pretending to be someone she isn't. She wants to reinvent herself, if only for a short time and she hopes Nashville is the place to do it. Preferably with a smooth talking cowboy. 

With no one watching her every move, or so she thinks, Ashton finds the one person who finally sees her for the woman she wants to be. 

Dane Woods has just come home from fighting overseas after losing his best friend. Everyone, including himself expects him to reenlist for another tour, but he can't break a promise he made to his dying friend. 

The last thing Dane has on his mind while tailing a Southern Princess like Ashton Winslow is falling in love. She's supposed to be two week job, but it turns into so much more. 

Will Dane risk everything to be with Ashton or will his lies and betrayal destroy her love for him?




So now it's your turn.
Leave a comment and tell me what's waiting on your TBR pile.

3 comments:

  1. Is this the second or third week in a row where I say "I have the same book on my kindle!"? Yep, I *still* have this one waiting on me. Some day we'll get to it, Marilyn. :) I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of this one Marilyn! Can't wait to see what you think!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I could be convinced to read this one. I love this premise. You should so read it and tell how it is.

    ReplyDelete