Tuesday, March 15, 2016

TBR Tuesday #139 ~ If I Stay (If I Stay #1) & Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman



My good friend Sharrice from Reese's Reviews: My Addiction to Fiction came up with the idea of 'TBR Tuesday'

If you want to join in the fun, then just do the following:
From your book shelf or your e-reader, pick a book that you own that is still on your TBR list. Post it however you want to, then leave a link below so others can see what's waiting to be read.


This week for me it is:


If I Stay
(If I Stay #1)
by
Gayle Forman   


'Just listen,' Adam says with a voice that sounds like shrapnel.' I open my eyes wide now. I sit up as much as I can. And I listen.

'Stay,' he says.

Everybody has to make choices.
Some might break you.

For seventeen-year-old Mia, surrounded by a wonderful family, friends and a gorgeous boyfriend decisions might seem tough, but they're all about a future full of music and love, a future that's brimming with hope.
But life can change in an instant.
A cold February morning . . . a snowy road . . . and suddenly all of Mia's choices are gone. Except one.
As alone as she'll ever be, Mia must make the most difficult choice of all.
Haunting, heartrending and ultimately life-affirming, If I Stay will make you appreciate all that you have, all that you've lost - and all that might be.

Includes interviews with the stars of the film, Chloe Moretz and Jamie Blackley.


&

Where She Went
(If I Stay #2)
by
Gayle Forman


The stunning sequel to Gayle Forman's international best seller, If I Stay - Now a major film starring Chloe Grace Moretz. If you had a second chance at first love ...would you take it? It's been three years since Adam's love saved Mia after the accident that annihilated life as she knew it ...and three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever. Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other. Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, powerful prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.



I have had these two books sitting on my shelf for a year now. So... I've made my self a promise to bump them up my TBR pile.
Teasers and thoughts coming soon.


So now it's your turn.
Leave a comment and tell me what's waiting on your TBR pile.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love If I Stay, Marilyn, but still haven't read Where She Went. I may re-read If I Stay once I find time to get WSW into my schedule. :)
    Sorry I've been MIA - been busy with kids and a 'work' project. Hope things are going well!! It's snowing here today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these in KMart not long ago, and contemplated getting them... I wish I did! I hope you enjoy it... I have watched the first movie though.

    ReplyDelete