Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Teaser Tuesday # 186 ~ Reckless Secrets (Reckless #2) by Gina Robinson




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Reckless Secrets
(Reckless #2)
by
Gina Robinson


First - The Blurb:


The engaging continuation of Ellie and Logan's love story that began on a hot August night in Reckless Longing...

Ellie

My bitch of a mother kept a family secret from me for nineteen years. I outsmarted her and found out what it is. Now I should be deliriously happy. I am happy. Except…I have to keep it from Logan. At the same time, I know I should tell him. If he finds out by accident, he'll hate me and feel betrayed. But it's complicated and I have to wait until things fall into place or it will cause problems for my newly found dad.

And Logan is wrestling with his own demons. Because of me. Dex and I just meant to prank our hideous chem prof. We didn't mean to hurt anyone, least of all Logan. If I'd known it would expose his secret, I never would have done it. I love him so much. I can't lose him. I won't. I just hope he can forgive me.



Second - The Tease(rs):

In Logan's arms, the world around me melted away. His mouth on mine was warm and wonderful in the cold, cold world. I wrapped my legs around his waist and kissed him back, oblivous to the snow falling on us and the snow angel beneath my back. Wanting him. Aching for him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and arched my hips up to meet his.
"I love you, El," he whispered in my ear.


Reckless Secrets is a direct continuation from Reckless Longing. I couldn't quite connect with Logan in the first book and this didn't change much for me in this second instalment. One minute he seems to be all over Ellie. The next, he is hanging out with ex-girlfriends and ex-lovers. I'm not quite sure what to make of his behaviour.

As the title suggests, there are loads of secrets. Most of them are being kept by Ellie. Halfway through, and I was wishing they both would just tell the truth and dispense with all the angst.

I'm hoping the third and final book... Reckless Together, ties up all the loose ends and gives me a HEA for these two.

My Rating: 4 out of 5



* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?
If you liked my Tease, please leave a comment below.



7 comments:

  1. I think I will be passing on this one especially if he is hanging out with exs. That is a heck no in my world.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not totally sure I'd go for it because of what you said about Logan, I think I'd have the same problem with him . . . However, I like the teaser you shared and hope the third and final instalment works great!

    Here's my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser! Not my kind of read but glad you enjoyed it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just sweet! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. I have a feeling she shouldn't wait to reveal her secret or secrets.

    My TT from Station 331 by Darcy Coates

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always hard to really engage with a story when you don't connect with one of the MCs. Kudos to you for sticking with the series. It really bothers me when lack of communication is used for creating angst. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, I'd be confused by Logan too... He seems a little insecure with the relationship I think.

    ReplyDelete